His Excellency the Honourable Chris Dawson AC APM was sworn in as the 34th Governor of Western Australia on 15 July 2022.
The Dawson family have been part of the early colonial settlers over five generations of farming and law enforcement. The Governor's great-great-grandparents arrived in the then Swan River colony in Western Australia in 1830.
Christopher John Dawson AC APM was educated at Perth Modern School before joining the Western Australia Police Force in 1976, going on to provide 46 years of service in Australian law enforcement.
He served in country and metropolitan positions, criminal investigation, training and senior roles.
The Queen’s Birthday Honours List in 2002 saw him awarded the Australian Police Medal for distinguished service. He was appointed Commissioner of the Western Australia Police Force in August 2017, serving until July 2022.
He is married to Darrilyn Dawson, Education Consultant, with two married children and five grandchildren.
YouthCARE is honoured to enjoy the support of our Patron as well as our partners who understand the important role wellbeing plays in our school communities.
Organisations and individuals can support their communities through partnering with YouthCARE to:
- Give their time and energy
- Raise funds for projects and programs
- Elevate our profile within communities so people can access our services
- Provide support for our chaplains and teachers
- Advocate for us in their churches
- Network with other stakeholders
- Serve on YouthCARE Councils
- Sponsor events and programs