Human Resources Officer
YouthCARE is a Christian Organisation who is the leading provider of pastoral care services in state schools across Western Australia.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible across a number or areas: recruitment, training, Workplace Health and Safety, maintaining databases with data entry and filing.
If you have a passion for working with people and strengths in recruitment and general human resources and want to work as part of a team, we would love to hear from you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinate advertisements for position vacancies
- Maintain recruitment database accurately to reflect recruitment activities within YouthCARE
- Point of contact for enquiries regarding recruitment from external and internal stakeholders and public
- End to end recruitment including but not limited to:
- Evaluation and assessment of minimum qualification and/or equivalence for new Chaplaincy applicants
- Ensure candidates meet YouthCARE’s selection criteria
- Undertake reference checks
- Schedule interviews (where appropriate) to ensure integrity and compliance of the process
- Provide recruitment & selection correspondence in a professional and timely manner, including preparation of appropriate letters
- Coordinate and manage induction for staff and volunteers
- Monitoring training records accurately.
- WHS responsibilities are provide due diligence to ensure that the organisation complies with its health and safety duties.
- Workers compensation claims, incident reports and investigations and implementation of return to work programs where appropriate
- Regular contact with employees going through the workers comp process.
- Work within applicable recruitment & selection guideline/s, processes & practices
- Comply with YouthCARE’s policies and guidelines and work within YouthCARE’s practice
- Comply with YouthCARE’s occupational safety and health requirements including:
- Working in a safe manner; and ensuring your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, volunteers and visitors
- Reporting any occupational and health issue - hazards, incidents and accidents promptly
- Promoting a positive safety culture by demonstrating a positive commitment to occupational health and safety
- Contributes to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation
- Undertake other duties as required
- Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
Selection Criteria Essential
- Possession of a relevant tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated experience in Human Resources.
- Developed time management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work
- Experience in end-to-end recruitment
- Excellent oral, and written communication including competence in Microsoft Office applications
- An ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team
- Able to support the Christian Mission and Vision of YouthCARE.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAA40104).
- Experience working with volunteers.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit a Resume summary (no more than two pages) and Cover Letter addressing the above selection criteria (no more than two pages) to YouthCARE at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any position related questions on (08) 9376-5000.
Applications close on Wednesday, 12th December 2018. **Strictly No Agency Contacts Please **