- Part Time – 2 Days per week.
- Mid-West Region.
- Suitable Vehicle provided, all motor vehicle expenses covered (except personal kms).
- Mobile Phone and Laptop provided.
Reporting to the Head of Chaplaincy and their delegate, the Principal Chaplain will provide a sensitive Christian presence to school principals in Public Schools in the Mid-West Region for the provision of pastoral care and support. The Principal Chaplain is required to perform their responsibilities in a professional manner, upholding the values of both YouthCARE and the School. Key responsibilities include:
- Promote and contribute toward the physical, emotional and spiritual health and well-being of school principals/senior leaders by offering pastoral and support services.
- Complete Pastoral Records of each meeting with the Principal/Senior Leader.
- Refer Principal’s to professional services where appropriate.
- Attend YouthCARE Support Network meetings.
- Attend and complete all eLearning, professional development conferences and training sessions as required by YouthCARE.
- Develop relationships with the Department of Education (DoE) Regional offices.
- Perform all administration and reporting responsibilities as required by YouthCARE.
- Adhere to all relevant legislation, concerning privacy, confidentiality, and child protection as well as all relevant Department of Education (DoE) policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the YouthCARE Code of Conduct and YouthCARE Policy and Guidelines.
- Compliance with YouthCARE’s Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation.
- Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
- YouthCARE uphold and follow Child Safety policies and procedures.
- Only Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents should apply.
- We are looking for someone who lives in this area, holds a valid motor vehicle licence and is able to undertake reasonable travel within the Mid-West region.
- Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE.
- Demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships and engage in one-to-one pastoral conversations.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a recognised tertiary qualification in Human Services, Theology, Pastoral Care and/or Ministry.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver effective pastoral care.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a committed Christian in secular and cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to balance the need for impartiality and corporate sensitivity.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and be able to perform administrative tasks with limited assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a timetable, calendar and planning of schools visits.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Member or adherent of a church recognised by YouthCARE.
- Strong understanding in corporate governance and ability to work closely with management.
- Extensive life experience across various settings.
- Experience working within education institutions e.g. public schools.
Does this sound like the job for you? Then send a copy of your resume and a cover letter, no more than two pages, addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
*Strictly no agency applications. Entries close on 4th December 2023.