HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (Generalist)
YouthCARE is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit organisations. YouthCARE aims to create positive school communities, where students are empowered and encouraged to be the best they can be. Each year YouthCARE Chaplains help thous ands of students, staff and family members in Western Australian public-school communities by providing an essential social, emotional and mental health support service.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this role is responsible for working collaboratively with the Human Resources Team to deliver high quality advice and service delivery in recruitment, employment contracts, training and workers compensation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with management to develop Job specifications, Job Descriptions,Job Ads, and marketing of any new Head Office roles.
- Assess qualifications, complete VEVO Checks, develop and implement psychological assessments (where necessary), develop Interview Guides, process applications to develop a short list for interview, complete Reference Checks and communicate the outcomes to applicants.
- Organise and conduct interviews with the Line Manager to select appropriate candidates for roles.
- Process end to end recruitment for new applicants in an efficient and timely manner ensuring email correspondence and other information is sent in a timely manner.
- Develop, maintain and implement onboarding processes for new staff.
- Develop Employment Contracts and supporting documents for new staff ensuring employment conditions are in line with YouthCARE policies and relevant legislation.
- Liaises with Finance, IT and Payroll to set up a new employee inYouthCARE systems.
- Provide excellent customer service in delivering accurate advice onYouthCARE Policy, Employee Conditions, Staff Benefits and Professional Development.
- Liaise with staff who had a workplace incident and conduct an investigation where necessary.
- Process workers compensation claims, liaising with the Insurer to manage any injuries assist an employee with a return-to-work plan.
- Maintains regular conduct with staff on workers compensation claims and ensure appropriate follow up and documentation is received.
- Assists with the development of eLearning programs.
- Assists with administration and maintenance of training programs on the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Enrol participants in programs, maintain training records.
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time to provide relief when other HR Team members are away, assist with answering incoming calls when required.
- Comply withYouthCARE’s policies and guidelines and work within YouthCARE’s practices.
- Working in a safe manner; and ensuring your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, volunteers and visitors. Reporting any occupational and health issue - hazards, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation.
- Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
- YouthCARE upholds and promotes Child Safe policies and procedures.
- Applicants must bean Australian Citizen and are a Permanent Residency in Western Australia.
- Possession of a relevant tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated experience in a HumanResources field.
- Developed time management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in end-to-end recruitment, workers compensation and training.
- Excellent oral, and written communication including competence in Microsoft Office applications.
- An ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team.
- Able to support the Christian Mission and Vision of YouthCARE.
- Certificate IV inTraining & Assessment (TAA40104) or equivalent.
Does this sound like the job for you? Then send a copy of your resume and a cover letter, no more than two pages, addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be an Australian Citizen and living in Perth, Western Australia.
*Strictly no agency applications. Entries close on 14th October 2023.