- Suitable Vehicle provided.
- Laptop and Mobile Phone provided.
- Salary Sacrificing options up to 70% of salary.
- Work from a Home Office.
Reporting to the Director of Pastoral Staff in conjunction with the Director of Pastoral Services, the YouthCARE Area Chaplain will be supported by dedicated administration staff as directed by the Head of Pastoral Services to assist with meeting the requirements of the role.
This role is responsible for the provision of YouthCARE In-school Chaplaincy and CVE services for an appointed area. This entails supporting recruitment, onboarding, management, leadership, and pastoral care of the chaplains and CVE teams to meet the school needs. The YouthCARE Area Chaplain will work closely with the YouthCARE Volunteer Co-ordinator to support the CVE teams.
The YouthCARE Area Chaplain must actively work to raise the profile of YouthCARE, increase support and expansion of the in-school ministry and CVE services in their area through relationships with YouthCARE Councils/Support Networks, school principals, local churches, businesses, and community stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage chaplains, including but not limited to performance management, support, establishing and monitoring service delivery, conducting reviews and overseeing Chaplain Peer Support Leaders.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to support and oversee and CVE volunteers and CVE volunteer team leaders.
- Expand in-school chaplaincy and CVE services and ensure quality delivery of services to schools, including but not limited to:
i. Building rapport and working collaboratively with principals and schools on a quarterly basis
ii. Partnering with local churches
- Work interdependently with the Human Resources /Finance department to effectively recruit and place chaplains and CVE volunteers in schools including working alongside the Volunteer Coordinator for volunteer placements, support and co-ordination.
- Expand and strengthen partnerships and engagement with local community stakeholders, such as: YouthCARE Councils/Support Networks, Churches, Local Government Authorities and Businesses.
- Oversight of YouthCARE Councils/Support Networks.
- Achieve the strategic objectives of YouthCARE, including but not limited to raising the public profile of YouthCARE to generate increased support through donations and attraction and retention of staff and volunteers.
- Responsibility for the financial accountability of the provision of chaplaincy services to schools.
- Comply with YouthCARE’s policies and guidelines and work within YouthCARE’s practices.
- Comply with YouthCARE’s work health and safety requirements including:
Working in a safe manner; ensuring your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, volunteers and visitors
Reporting any Work Health and Safety issues i.e. hazards, incidents and accidents, promptly
Promoting a positive safety culture by demonstrating a positive commitment to occupational health and safety.
- Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE and must be actively engaged in the life of a Christian church and denomination that affirms the triune Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is a member or associate church of YouthCARE.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation.
- Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
- Other duties as required.
- YouthCARE upholds and promotes Child Safe policies and procedures
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A recognised qualification in Management, Human Services or an equivalent field.
- Experience in management, leadership and strong pastoral care skills.
- Experience in building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience engaging in negotiations and working to a budget.
- Strong administration and organisational skills and a desire to embrace the use of technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and proficiency.
- Confident and comfortable speaking to groups of people.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Working with Children Check and NCCHC (National Coordinated Criminal History Check through the Department of Education WA).
- Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE and must be actively engaged in the life of a Christian church.
- The possession of a current valid driver’s license and the availability to travel, and
- The ability to meet YouthCARE’s insurance requirement of not having been refused insurance coverage in the last five years and not having an insurance claim refused in the last five years.
- Access to high-speed internet connection from home.
- Ability to provide in-school Chaplaincy services if required.
- Training or a qualification in Ministry, Theology or similar.
- Diploma of Leadership/Management.
- Experience working in an education environment.
Does this sound like the job for you? Then send a copy of your resume and a cover letter, no more than two pages, addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
The job description and selection criteria can be read by following this link.
*Strictly no agency applications. Entries close on 11th February 2024.