Geraldton, Midwest and Gascoyne Region
YouthCARE is a Christian Organisation who is the leading provider of pastoral care services in state schools across Western Australia.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, a School Principal Chaplain offers a sensitive Christian presence to school principals for the provision of pastoral care and support. They perform their responsibilities in a professional manner, upholding the values of both YouthCARE. They promote and contribute toward the physical, emotional and spiritual health and well-being of school principals/senior leaders by offering pastoral and support services, in compliance with YouthCARE’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships and engage in one-to-one pastoral conversations.
- Ability to seamlessly work within the education environment.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a recognised tertiary qualification in Human Services, Theology, Pastoral Care and/or Ministry.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver effective pastoral care.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a committed Christian in secular and cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to balance the need for impartiality and corporate sensitivity.
- Hold a current motor vehicle license and be able to undertake reasonable travel within WA.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and be able to perform administrative tasks with limited assistance.
- Member or adherent of a church recognised by YouthCARE.
- Strong understanding in corporate governance and ability to work closely with management.
- Extensive life experience across various settings.
- All YouthCARE chaplains are required to regularly attend a recognised Christian Church community and actively engage in their Christian spiritual development. YouthCARE chaplains are also encouraged to engage in external activities that support their self-care and engage in professional supervision with a Ministry Supervisor to reflect and explore personal and professional issues that may arise.
- Must have a current Drivers License and be able to travel throughout the Geraldton, Midwest and Gascoyne regions.
- Be able to successfully attain a Working with Children Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (clearance by the Department of Education to work within the school environment).
- Access to high-speed internet at home.
How to Apply:
- All applicants must be an Australian Citizen and living in Perth, Western Australia.
- Please send a copy of your resume and a covering letter no more than two pages addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
- Applications close on 11th December 2022.
- **Strictly No Agency Contacts Please**