Morley Head Office
YouthCARE is looking for a Finance Manager to fulfill either a full-time, part-time or job share position dependent on the applicant, their suitability and availability.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, this role is responsible for ensuring the Finance Team operates efficiently to achieve YouthCARE’s strategic plan and operational requirements, including:
- Financial and non-financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Effective management of core business processes and internal controls including continual improvement of accounting, insurance, purchasing and payroll systems.
- Design, development and management of YouthCARE’s annual budgeting and financial planning processes.
- Asset management.
- Safekeeping, management and income maximisation of YouthCARE fund.
- Preparation of annual financial statements including coordination of internal audit.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and compliance requirements e.g. not for profit accounting standards.
- Management and acquittal of government and non-government grants.
- Supervision and development of Finance staff.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Corporate Services or delegated authority.
- Comply with YouthCARE’s policies and guidelines and work within YouthCARE’s practices.
- Comply with YouthCARE’s occupational safety and health requirements including:
- Working in a safe manner; and ensuring your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, volunteers and visitors.
- Reporting any occupational and health issue - hazards, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Promoting a positive safety culture by demonstrating a positive commitment to occupational health and safety.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation.
- Uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a qualified accountant, preferably in a not-for-profit organisation or charitable sector.
- Tertiary degree in Accounting.
- High level financial management skill and experience.
- Familiarity with compliance and corporate requirements pertaining to not for profit /charitable entities.
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and people management.
- Demonstrated ability/ willingness to learn and provide team leadership.
- Possess or obtain a current and satisfactory National Police Check.
- Able to support the Christian Mission and Vision of YouthCARE.
- Member of a recognised accounting body (CPA or CA).
- Experience with Greentree software.
- Experience and/or qualification in staff management.
Does this sound like the job for you? Then send a copy of your resume and a cover letter, no more than two pages, addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
* Strictly no agency applications. Entries close on 13th March 2023. *