Expression of Interest: YouthCARE Area Chaplain – Pilbara based
YouthCARE is a Christian Organisation who is the leading provider of pastoral care services in state schools across Western Australia.
YouthCARE is seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of Area Chaplain to service the Pilbara region. The position involves management of the Pilbara area; providing support to the YouthCARE chaplains, liaise with Principals regarding the chaplaincy service and build strong community relationships. If you are driven by a life of respect, compassion and service in support of our vision, you are invited to express your interest. The successful applicants will be skilled in Management and Pastoral Care (a Diploma of Management is highly desirable).
If you have a calling to support our Christian Chaplains who work in WA state government schools and have strengths in Pastoral Care as well as Management and Administration, we would love to hear from you.
Role & Responsibilities
· Effectively manage and supervise chaplains, including but not limited to: performance management, pastoral care and support, establishing and monitoring chaplaincy service plans, conducting reviews, overseeing Peer Support chaplaincy networks.
· Ensure quality delivery of chaplaincy service to schools, including but not limited to: building rapport and working collaboratively with principals and schools, working interdependently with the Human Resources department to effectively recruit and place chaplains and providing induction support to new chaplains.
· Expand and strengthen partnerships and engagement with local community stakeholders, such as: schools, YouthCARE Councils and Support Networks, churches, local government authorities and businesses. Work interdependently with other YouthCARE departments to achieve the strategic objectives of YouthCARE, including but not limited to: raise the public profile of YouthCARE and chaplaincy services, generate increased support through donations and attraction and retention of staff and volunteers.
· Responsibility for the financial accountability of the provision of chaplaincy services to schools.
· Work interdependently with other YouthCARE departments to deliver and expand quality chaplaincy services.
· Providing a Support Chaplaincy services to a few schools
· A recognised qualification in Management, Human Services or an equivalent field;
· Experience in management, supervision and/or pastoral care;
· Experience in building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with stakeholders;
· Experience engaging in negotiations and working to a budget;
· Strong administration and organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
· Excellent verbal and written communication and proficiency in public speaking;
· Possession of or the ability to obtain a Working with Children Check and NCCHC (National Coordinated Criminal History Check);
· Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE and must be actively engaged in the life of a Christian church and denomination that affirms the triune Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is a member or associate church of YouthCARE;
· The possession of a current valid driver’s license and the availability to travel.
How to Express Interest
Applicants must submit the following to YouthCARE at: email@example.com
· Resume summary including work experience and educational qualification (no more than two pages)
· Cover Letter (one or two pages) including:
o Describe your Christian journey and how it has led you to this role?
o How would you apply your experience and skills to this role?
o Given the remoteness of the Pilbara region, what strategies would you use to build and maintain healthy organisational culture?
Please contact us with any position related questions on (08) 9376-5000.
Expressions of interest close on Monday, 23rd September 2019.