Area Chaplain and Chaplain
YouthCARE is the leading provider of pastoral care services in state schools across Western Australia and has two exciting new ministry opportunities combining a leadership role with a pastoral care role.
We are looking for motivated people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply for the dual role of Area Chaplain and Chaplain for either the Kalgoorlie/Goldfields or Esperance Region.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the School Chaplaincy Team Leader (SCTL), the YouthCARE Area Chaplain is responsible for the provision of chaplaincy services for an appointed area.
- Ensure quality delivery of chaplaincy service to state schools.
- Ability to deliver pastoral care to local schools.
- Ability to work as part of a team, interdependently with central office departments and independently.
- Expand and strengthen partnerships and engagement with local community stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the financial accountability of the provision of chaplaincy services to schools.
See YouthCARE Area Chaplain and Chaplain job description below for full details.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE and must be actively engaged in the life of a Christian church and denomination that affirms the triune Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is a member or associate church of YouthCARE and agree with the YouthCARE adopted creeds.
- A minimum qualification of a certificate IV in Ministry, Youth Work, Pastoral Care, Chaplaincy, or higher.
- A recognised qualification in Leadership and Management or an equivalent field;
- Experience in management, leadership and pastoral care.
- Experience in building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with finances.
- Administration and organisational skills with experience in using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Confident and comfortable speaking to groups of people.
Required for employment:
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Working with Children Check
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a NCCHC (National Coordinated Criminal History Check through The Department of Education).
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours.
- Training or qualification in Christian studies.
- Experience or working knowledge of the education environment.
If you have any queries regarding the positions please contact School Chaplaincy Team Leader, Darlene Herbert on 9376 5000.
How to apply: Email a Resume summary (no more than two pages) and Cover Letter (no more than two pages addressing the selection criteria) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted through Christion Jobs Australia will not be accepted.
If you do not receive a communication from YouthCARE you have not progressed to the next stage of the application process.
Expressions of interest close on Monday 31 January 2022.
**Strictly No Agency Contacts Please **