Area Chaplain – Central Metro & South Metro
YouthCARE is a Christian Organisation who is the leading provider of pastoral care services in state schools across Western Australia.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for two Area Chaplains, to service the Central Metro and South Metro areas.
Reporting to the School Chaplaincy Team Leader (SCTL), the YouthCARE Area Chaplain is responsible for the provision of chaplaincy services for an appointed area. This entails recruiting, appointing and managing, leadership and pastoral care of chaplains to meet identified school needs.
Area Chaplains must actively work to raise the profile of YouthCARE, increase support and expansion of the chaplaincy service in their area through relationships with YouthCARE Councils/Support Networks, school principals, local churches, businesses and community stakeholders.
Role & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage chaplains, including but not limited to performance management, support, establishing and monitoring chaplaincy service plans, conducting reviews and overseeing chaplaincy Peer Support networks;
- Ensure quality delivery of chaplaincy service to schools, including but not limited to building rapport and working collaboratively with principals and schools on a quarterly basis;
- Work interdependently with the Human Resources /Finance department to effectively recruit and place chaplains in schools;
- Expand and strengthen partnerships and engagement with local community stakeholders, such as but not limited to: YouthCARE Councils/Support Networks, Churches, Local Government Authorities and Businesses;
- Achieve the strategic objectives of YouthCARE, including but not limited to raise the public profile of YouthCARE and chaplaincy services, generate increased support through donations and attraction and retention of staff and volunteers;
- Responsibility for the financial accountability of the provision of chaplaincy services to schools.
- Must be able to support the Christian mission and vision of YouthCARE and must be actively engaged in the life of a Christian church and denomination that affirms the triune Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is a member or associate church of YouthCARE and agree with the YouthCARE adopted creeds;
- A recognised qualification in Management, Human Services or an equivalent field;
- Experience in management, leadership and pastoral care;
- Experience in building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience or actively willing to learn to develop engaging in negotiations and working to a budget;
- Strong administration and organisational skills and a desire to embrace the use of technology;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and proficiency;
- Confident and comfortable speaking to groups of people;
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Working with Children Check and NCCHC;
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours.
- Training or qualification in Christian studies
- Experience or working knowledge of the education environment